Knife Sharpeners Reviews
If you desire an exceptionally functioning kitchen, all your equipment should be in the best condition and shape possible. This will include your knives as well which will need to have their blades sharpened at all times.
Keeping your knives sharp, clean and free of rust are vital parts of maintaining a well-kept kitchen. When it comes to keeping your knives sharpened and maintained, a quality knife sharpener will play an important role. Knife sharpeners allow you to sharpen your knives at a quicker pace than when doing it manually.
Although there are manual sharpeners out there as well as stones, electric sharpeners are the quickest and most efficient. Since you will find many different manufacturers and models out on the market, it is important for you to keep your particular needs in mind when out shopping for one that will suit you. For example, there are specific sharpeners for ceramic knives.
Chef’s Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener
Our First Pick
The Chef’s Choice 120 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener offers a 3-stage polishing system that is high-speed, so its keeps all your blades honed, polished and razor sharp for fast slicing and dicing.
It sharpens up gourmet knives quickly as well as cleavers, butcher knives and sporting and hunting knives. You can even sharpen up your serrated knives too. It uses 100% different grit, diamond abrasives to create 2 blade facets within the first 2 stages.
Then the third stage polishes and strops which completes the sharpening with micro-flute and micro-bevel cutters. These processes together are combined to make the patented Chef’s Choice Trizor-Plus edge.
- Comes with Trizor-Plus edge and precision angle control
- Can be used for butcher knives, chef’s knives, serrated blades and sporting knives
- Includes 100% diamond abrasives in 1 and 2 sharpen and hone stages
- Polishing and stropping in stage 3 for razor sharpness
- Measurements are around 9 3/4 x 4 x 4 1/4 in.; includes 3-year warranty
- Your knives will be brought to life with this knife sharpener; even your cleaver and serrated knives.
- It is just about a foolproof way to sharpen your knives and if you keep an even speed when pulling your knife through this sharpener, you will enable the spring to keep your knife at the correct angle so you get perfect results every time.
- You only need to use the first stage your first time of sharpening your knife according to knifeguides.com, then after you will only need to use stage 2 and 3.
- There is a magnetic clean out plug underneath the machine which allows you to collect the steel that is removed while you are sharpening your knives.
- It is simple to use this machine and will enable even the average person to sharpen up straight edge knife.
- This does cost a bit more than other models, more around the price of the 2-stage model, however, it works around 3 times better.
- Also, you will get fine scratches on your knife blade so not to be used on show knives.
- Overall, great sharpener which is why we rated the Chef’s Choice 120 Knife Sharpener our first pick for knife sharpeners.
Chef’s Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Review
Our Second Pick
The Chef’s Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener is so easy to use it will make knives sharpen themselves practically.
Your sporting or kitchen knife will be giving that professional-edge excluding serrated knives. Due to the magnetic guides that hold the blade at the right angles, there is absolutely no guess work involved. You just loosely hold your knife and pull it through the slots in the sharpener lightly without pressing down.
The key to the performance of this knife sharpener is the 2 unique stages; its sharpening stage and its honing stage which is used to polish your blades to razor edges.
- Sharpen stainless-steel and carbon knives with its 100% diamond abrasives
- Sharpens blade with first stage; hones razors edge with second stage
- Its magnetic guides will hold your blade at correct angles without needing to press down
- Lasts much longer than professional or factory edges due to the double-bevel edge being sharper
- Comes with a one year warranty on defects
- This sharpener works really well and gets your knives so much sharper than other methods.
- It is very simple to use and only requires a light touch. Truly easier than you would expect to use this.
- It does an excellent job on your knives getting them sharp and it doesn’t take much time at all either.
- Another advantage is how much this sharpener costs and you get immediate savings if you buy it on Amazon.
- You can make even your most cheapest knives cut like Wusthofs or Henckels with this sharpener.
- It can be difficult at times to get the knife in the grinder while running without nicking the blade on the sharpening plates that vibrate.
- It might take you a little time on your first sharpening, however, once you get the edge, its easier after.
- Overall, the Chef’s Choice 300 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener is a well performing and easy to use knife sharpener which is why we rated it our second pick.
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener Review
Our Third Pick
Whether inexpensive or professional quality, each kitchen and sporting knife should be be sharpened every now and then. The Presto EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
will sharpen up your knives blades so they are razor sharp using the identical Sapphirite rotating grinding wheels the commercial shops use.
It has a 2-stage system that allows your knives to be sharpened and ground on its state 1 and honed on its stage 2. There are blade guides that will hold your knife at an accurate angle to sharpen each blade side as it is pulled towards you slowly and held parallel to your counter. You could even sharpen your blender blades with this.
It is made for knives made of carbon, alloy or stainless steel and if you see sparks fly when using carbon steel knives on the Sapphirite wheels, know that is perfectly normal.
- Comes with 2-stage system for sharpening easily and quickly and will sharpen just about any non-serrated blade with outstanding and professional results
- 120 volts of power
- Precision blade guides to keep your knife positioned at the correct angle for perfect results each time
- Give your knives razor sharp edges in seconds
- Stage 1 – sharpens your knives to create a precision angled edge
- Stage 2 – Hones your knife and completes sharpening process
- This knife sharpener is marvelous and is simply the best gem for $24 dollars.
- It will make your knives super sharp every time and it is efficient and quick.
- You can have a whole cutlery set sharpened in under 5 minutes with this thing and they look brand new.
- If you follow the directions precisely, you can return your knives to a perfect edge within a couple runs.
- Although this sharpener works great for kitchen knives that you use to cut meat, shorter paring knives are more difficult. You do not get enough room with the slots to get a fully sharpened blade.
- Also, the stones rotate in only a single direction. If the sharpener is facing you and you are pulling the knife through the slots on the left of each 2 stages, it does tend to catch a bit, even if you are applying light pressure.
- Because of this we have rated the Presto EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener our third pick for knife sharpeners.
Wusthof Precision Edge 2 Stage Knife Sharpener Review
Our Fourth Pick
Wusthof Precision Edge 2 Stage Knife Sharpener The Wusthof Precision Edge 2 Stage Knife Sharpener is both safe and simple to use and does not require a thing but a mere few light strokes to keep your blades razor sharp.
The cutting head on it is V-shaped and has 2 crossed carbide blades that will put a fast edge on your knives. You just place it on a work surface that is flat and use one hand to hold on to the E-Z grip handle and the other to hold the knife. This is not dishwasher safe however.
Then, insert your knife blade into the slot fully at an angle of 90 degrees to the sharpener and then simply pull back a couple times to sharpen. Once you set the knife’s edge using the carbide side, the ceramic side on the unit will finish the edge nicely. The measurements of the 2-stage knife sharpener is 9 x 3 x 1 /12 in.
- Maintain your knifes and keep them looking professional
- Offers a coarse sharpening stage with the hard carbide steel blades
- Honing stage offers fine ceramic rods
- Sure grip due to rubberized base and weighted for safety and security
- This sharpener truly does a great job and although it is not at the same quality as a $300 professional sharpener is, it is perfect for the everyday kitchen chef.
- It is priced very affordable and helps to develop a nice edge on your knives.
- To keep your knives extremely sharp, you use the fine section and you will hardly ever have to use the coarse part.
- This knife sharpener functions exactly as it is described with ease.
- It has a comfortable handle and a rubber/silicon bottom to keep it from sliding around.
- It is very sturdy and does a wonderful sharpening job.
- This knife sharpener will not give your knives a professional edge, however, it does give them a consistently even one. After a long day of intense food preparation, the knives might need to be re-sharpened again.
- Because of this, we have rated the Wusthof Precision Edge 2 Stage Knife Sharpener our fourth choice for recommended knife sharpeners.